Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day Sixteen

Today I made my 3rd sugar free baking/treat recipe. I got this recipe from a friend, not the internet, shocking I know. It is for "Oatmeal Loaf" or oatmeal muffins. They were really yummy, everyone loved them and the recipe is versatile.

Oatmeal Loaf
3 cups uncooked oats
1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce (I used more like 3/4 cup)
1 block silken tofu, blended to yogurt-like consistency
cinnamon, vanilla, salt to taste (i didn't use vanilla, but did use lots of cinnamon)
1/2-1 cup raisins (I did 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup almonds, chopped

You can add any nuts you like, or none. You can add mashed bananas, chopped fresh or dried fruit, canned pumpkin, hmm, i bet zucchini could be good too, I might try that next, and I think there are lots of spices that could be good too.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 + minutes.

Added sugar: none
Fruit: applesauce/raisins in muffins, fruit in summer salad leftovers
exercise: jogged 4.5 miles, 49 minutes
alcohol: 2 glasses pinot grigio

2 comments:

  1. great job on the running. you are booking it.

    does it matter if tofu is soft or firm?

    love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, silken tofu.
      :)
      it's really cool, blends up to look just like yogurt.

      Delete