Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day Fifteen

I like talking to people about the sugar challenge we are doing. I am sure they don't like hearing me talk about all the hidden sugars, but I think it's fun to share my knowledge and to encourage people to listen to the 60 minutes segment that started all this for me. I have received mixed feedback, mostly people saying they could never do it or they don't buy into the science because they are afraid of what it would mean for their life. That they don't have the willpower. But the day before I watched that 60 minutes (4/1/12), I would have said the very exact thing. I was completely addicted to sugar. I would have laughed if someone had said "in one month you will start a 32 day no sugar challenge, oh and this month you will only have sugar when you are sick and when you are in new york city" (that was nice of me to allow myself sugar in nyc). But I have done it, I am doing it, and one big thing I am learning is that in fact I do have willpower, willpower that I never dreamed I had. Sugar was consuming me. Like you, sister, I don't want to go back to a place where sugar rules my food decision making when this challenge is complete.

Added sugars: none
fruit: 1/2 cup fruit is summer salad for lunch, 1/2 cashew cookie larabar
alcohol: 1 glass merlot
exercise: none

1 comment:

  1. i like hearing you talk about no sugar.
    and, you are right, who would have thought it was possible?

    ReplyDelete