Sunday, July 8, 2012

Here I go again...

So, I've been doing fairly well with the no sugar. Not near perfect though. I had a birthday party slip. Then this evil man at the grocery store was giving samples of "Sin in a Tin." I caved and tried. Then I caved and bought. Then I caved at ate the whole damn thing in about 24 hours.

I read a sentence in a blog a few days ago that continues to reverberate in my head : "It is more peaceful for me without the struggle." She is talking about the struggle of how much sugar to eat. She does better without any. The same is true for me. I know I still have struggles ahead. I probably always will. But I do find a peace when I am not eating any sugar, a peace that I don't have when I am riding the roller coaster of sugar highs and lows, the lack of control and guilt that goes along with sugar binging.


So today, I am back on the wagon, which is a not the right metaphor. I am continuing the journey. I am continuing to learn. I am going to continue to be kind to myself. One way to be kind is not to struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment